#Abductors of Plateau monarch demand N500m ransom — Military

0
25

The special task force maintaining peace in Plateau State, Operation Safe Haven, has said abductors of the paramount ruler of Gindri, in the Mangu Local Government Area of the state, Mr Charles Mato, have demanded N500m ransom.

The Commander of the task force, Maj. Gen. Ibrahim Ali, stated this when some officials of the Nigerian Union of Journalists in the state visited him on Wednesday.

The News Agency of Nigeria reported that gunmen on December 26 abducted Mato at his residence.

Ali, who doubles as the General Officer Commanding, 3 Division, Nigerian Army, Rukuba, near Jos, said his troops arrested some suspects in connection with the crime.

“The abductors of the traditional ruler called and demanded a ransom of N500m to secure his release. We have arrested some suspects; they are in our custody.

“These are people we feel have knowledge of the incident. We have picked them up and they are being interrogated,” he added.

The commander said his men had been deployed in the area to conduct a search-and-rescue operation.

Ali, who decried the spate of kidnapping in the country, said security agencies were working towards ending the menace

“Kidnapping is one of the major problems in this country; it is increasing on a daily basis. You can be kidnapped by anybody, anytime and anywhere.

“But we are working round the clock and have put modalities on ground to end the menace,” Ali said.

He urged journalists to use their platforms to support the military in their bid to end all forms of insecurity in the country.

 

 

How would you rate this website's look and feel?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Subscribe to Our VIP Newsletter

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here