HomePoliticsElectionsDAVIDO DENIES GUNMEN ATTACK ON ADELEKE’S CONVOY IN OSOGBO, SAYS ‘IT WAS...

DAVIDO DENIES GUNMEN ATTACK ON ADELEKE’S CONVOY IN OSOGBO, SAYS ‘IT WAS A FIGHT’

Afrobeats singer David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has dismissed reports claiming that gunmen attacked the convoy of his uncle, Osun State Governor Ademola Adeleke, in Osogbo.

 

Reports had circulated on Wednesday alleging that hoodlums opened fire on the governor’s convoy in the state capital, sparking concerns over the safety of the governor and those accompanying him.

 

However, Davido took to X to dispute the reports, describing the incident as a fight that occurred outside the palace and insisting that it was unrelated to the governor’s convoy.

 

In a brief reaction, the singer wrote: “Lies! It was a fight outside the palace that had nothing to do with us! The pple love excellency!”

 

Davido did not provide further details about the confrontation or explain what led to the reported fight.

ADS 7

The singer’s clarification came amid heightened public attention on the governor following his victory in the recent Osun State governorship election.

 

Meanwhile, Davido has also continued to attract attention over his position ahead of the 2027 presidential election.

 

The singer recently disclosed that he has not decided which presidential candidate to support, although he ruled out backing the All Progressives Congress (APC).

 

Davido explained that his political position differs from that of Governor Adeleke, who recently declared support for President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s bid for a second term.

 

According to the singer, while his uncle made his choice after winning the governorship election, he does not feel obligated to support the same candidate.

 

Davido noted that he had previously supported former Vice-President Atiku Abubakar and had also campaigned for the APC during its early years, but said he currently has no preferred presidential candidate.

 

He maintained that his position could change before the 2027 election but stressed that he would not support the APC.

Headlinenews.news

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -spot_img
Must Read
Related News
- Advertisement -spot_img