Adeleke Orders Osun Attorney-General to Withdraw Suit Against EFCC
Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, has directed the state’s Attorney-General to withdraw the N2 billion lawsuit filed against the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over the freezing of the state government’s bank account.
Adeleke disclosed this in an interview with Channels Television’s Sunday Politics, shortly after he was declared the winner of the August 15, 2026, Osun State governorship election.
The governor had earlier sued the EFCC, seeking N2 billion in damages over the freezing of the state’s Federal Statutory Allocation Account, which he described as unlawful.
However, Adeleke said he had decided to move past the dispute following an intervention by President Bola Tinubu.
“I’m putting them behind. What else do I want? I have instructed my Attorney-General to drop it. Mr President has done well. He called me. What more do I want?” he said.
Adeleke: Lawyers assisting aides invited by EFCC
Speaking about reports that some of his aides and supporters had been invited by the EFCC for questioning, Adeleke said he had directed his lawyers to assist them.
“Well, we have been talking. I have been calling all my lawyers to go there. I’m sure the APC in Osun, according to them, they are telling us they are using federal might,” he said.
The governor maintained that he did not believe President Tinubu was aware of some of the actions allegedly being carried out by federal agencies.
“Most of these things, the President doesn’t know. The President has a lot of foreign work and jobs to do,” Adeleke said.
According to him, some of his aides were invited by the EFCC but were released after being questioned.
“I told my people, go there. We haven’t got anything to hide. And when they go there, they ask them questions, and then they will say, ‘Go on.’ Can you imagine my spokesperson? You are inviting my spokesperson — is my spokesperson a finance minister or accountant?” he asked.
Governor alleges political motive
Adeleke described the EFCC invitations as a distraction and alleged that former Osun State Governor, Gboyega Oyetola, was behind the development because of his relationship with President Tinubu.
“All these things is Oyetola because he is the cousin to the President. He is dropping the President’s name. I know that the President didn’t know about the EFCC one. That is why he had to call me and stop it,” Adeleke alleged.
The governor’s decision to withdraw the case signals a move to ease tensions between the Osun State Government and the Federal Government following the dispute over the state’s account and the activities of the anti-graft agency.




