President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the establishment of a Presidential Transition Council for facilitating and managing the 2023 transition programme, Headlinenews.news report.
The President also signed the Executive Order No. 14 of 2023 on the Facilitation and Management of Presidential Transitions.
This was disclosed in a statement by Willie Bassey, Director of Information for the Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Thursday, February 9, 2023.
According to the statement, the Transition Council will be inaugurated by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation on Tuesday 14th February 2023 at 12 noon at the Conference Hall of the SGF.
It said the members are expected to attend the inauguration in person.
A key feature of the Presidential Executive Order No. 14 of 2023 is the institutionalization of a legal framework that would enable a seamless transition of power from one Presidential Administration to another which is part of President Buhari’s legacy.
Members of the Committee are:
Secretary to the Government of the Federation – Chairman
Head of the Civil Service of the Federation
iii. Solicitor-General of the Federation and Permanent Secretary, Federal Ministry of Justice
Permanent Secretaries from the following
1. Ministries and Offices:
2. Finance, Budget and National Planning
3. Information and Culture
4. Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA).
5. Special Duties and Inter-Governmental Affairs
6. Cabinet Affairs Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF)
7. General Services Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF)
8. Economic and Political Affairs Office, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (OSGF)
9. State House
National Security Adviser
10. Chief of Defence Staff
vii. Inspector-General of Police
viii. Director General, National Intelligence Agency
1. Director General, State Security Services
2. Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court of Nigeria; and
3. Two representatives, to be nominated by the President-elect