Headlinenews Correspondent was present to receive the update on the unfortunate crash in Ikeja/ Oshodi Axis.
May the souls of the victims rest in peace. Amen. May God grant their families the fortitude to bear the irreparable loss.
May God grant all those injured divine healing and a speedy recovery by His Special Grace. Amen.
Governor @jidesanwoolu gives a brief of the situation:
– Location, PWD Sogunle
– Bus ‘33’ moving from Isolo to Alausa
– Driver Survived, now in Police custody
– Preliminary report: Driver error
– Occupants: Mostly Civil Servants and dependents
– NRC Update expected
Casualties Update (as at this time):
– 85 passengers on board
– 6 deaths (2 brought in dead, as announced by LASEMA, while 4 more dead at the hospital)
– 42 moderate injuries
– 29 serious injuries
– 8 mild injuries
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu thanked the LASEMA, Security agencies, Staff and Students of LASUTH for the response … Mr Governor also thanked the Staff of Lagos State Government for showing up for their loved ones and also encouraging them to be hopeful.
Governor Sanwo-Olu suspends his campaigns for 3 days:
– Declares half day work Tomorrow for Civil Servants
– All Flags to be raised at Half Mast
– Declared 3 Days Mourning for the State
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu thanked his fellow contestants and candidates of other parties, Mr Gbadebo Rhodes Vivour and Mr Adediran for coming to the hospital to also commiserate with the Victims and the State Government.
Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu says the area is a triage center, which cases of this magnitude are immediately profiled and attended to, therefore quickly identifying the various levels of injuries of the patients and each will be sent to various wards & others for treatment.